Dr. Francisco Gonzalez is a renowned bariatric surgeon practicing in Tijuana, Mexico. A board-certified medical doctor, Dr. Gonzalez has been successfully performing weight loss surgeries for over two decades.
Besides specializing in minimally invasive Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) technique, Dr. Francisco’s domain of expertise includes vertical sleeve gastrectomy (gastric sleeve), laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB), gastric bypass surgery, and revision surgeries such as lap band to gastric sleeve.
He is one of the first weight loss surgeons to receive certification from INAMED, the lone provider of FDA-approved lap bands in the United States. Having performed over 2,500 lap band and gastric sleeve weight loss procedures, Dr. Gonzalez is one of the top names in the world in the field of bariatrics.
Full Name: Dr. Francisco Manuel Gonzalez Sanchez Rubio
Born in April 1963 in Mexico
- 1980-1986: Degree in General Medicine
From Faculty of Medicine Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara
- 1987-1990: Residency in General Surgery
From Centro Medico Nacional del Noroeste,
Mexican Social Security Institute,
Obregon City Sonora, México
- 1990: Surgery License Number: 1387276
- 1991: Certification in Laparoscopic Surgery
Centro Medico Nacional La Raza Mexico City
- 1994: Mexican board certification #19394
- 1991-2007: Teacher of advanced surgery
Hospital General de Tijuana
- 1997: Certification in Advanced Bariatric Surgery
- 2003: Certification in Advanced Bariatric Surgery in Alcoy, Spain
Under Dr. Aniceto Baltazar
- March 1996: Professor Laparoscopic Surgery I,M,S,S
- May 1997: Professor Laparoscopic Surgery
Colegio Medico Tijuana
- May 1999: Professor Laparoscopic Surgery Asociacion Mexicana De Cirugia Laparoscopica, Cancun
- Dec 2004: Professor of Gastric Bypass and Lap Band, Tijuana
- May 2005: Professor Of B.P.D (Bilio Pancreatic Diversion) Duodenal Switch and Lap band
- May 2013 to present:
- Professor of Gastric Sleeve as Surgical Management for Obesity
- Professor Gastroenterology at University of Baja California, Tijuana
- Professor of Clinical Medicine at University of Baja California, Tijuana
The following are his certificates:
For details on bariatric surgery by Dr.Francisco Gonzalez in Tijuana, please contact him via the form on the right.